The further to the left or the right you move, the more your lens on life distorts.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Beat Goes On

In my last post, Yes … You Can, I argued that the growing hubris of radical Islam will ultimately cause its adherents to provoke an event that will become a tipping point for the West. When that happens “Islam will become the ‘other’ and the West will act with a ferocity that is unthinkable today.”

In an eerie postscript on the possibility of just that happening, many Right-leaning Web sources today are linking to a a rap metal music video from an obscure band, Stuck Mojo, that has been posted on YouTube.

From the video (to a rap beat):

I speak peace when peace is spoken
But I speak war when your hate is provokin’
The season is open 24-7-365
Man up yo time to ride
No need to hide behind slogans of deceit
Claiming that you're a religion of peace
We just don't believe you
We can clearly see through
The madness that you're feeding your people
Jihad the cry of your unholy war
Using the willing, the weak and poor
From birth drowning in propaganda, rhetoric and slander
All we can say is damn ya


Is this an early tremor in the coming quake? I can only worry that it is.

A poster at LGF, JohnCV comments:
When 'pop' culture begins to recognize and assimilate a theme, it is a sure sign that a process has begun. Recogniton of who and what what we face is going mainstream, despite the MSM, despite CAIR, and despite mealy-mouthed speeches from the politicians.

Again from the video:

I don't need a faith that's blind
Where death and hate bring me peace of mind
With views that are stuck deep in the seventh century
So much sand in your eyes too blind to see
The venom that you leaders preach
Is the path to your own destruction
Your own demise
You might say that I don't understand
but your disgust for me is what I realize
Surprise!

Your homicidal ways has got the whole world watching
Whole world scoping
So if you bring it to my home base
Best believe it
The season's open


Thankfully, the season is not yet open. But time is short.