The further to the left or the right you move, the more your lens on life distorts.

Friday, May 23, 2008

300

This is the 300th post for OnCenter.

When I began writing the blog in November, 2005, I argued that a centrist point of view has an important place in political discourse. I suggested that "the further to the left or the right you move, the more your lens on life distorts." I still believe that to be true.

During the coming months of the 2008 Presidential campaign, we'll all have opportunity to explore conflicting visions of the future through the lens of the Left and the Right. But it will be the Center that ultimately decides who will lead us. I can only hope that those of us in the Center use common sense, coherent logic, and factual information to decide well.

We usually do.