The further to the left or the right you move, the more your lens on life distorts.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Planning Skills

I only have time to take a quick break from the job of building a small, private sector company. Hopefully, all of this work and the risk that it all might crash and burn will be worth it, and I'll be rewarded with a nice return—maybe even enough of a return to have Barack Obama castigate me for not paying my "fair share." But I digress.

I couldn't resist the quote of the day. Megan Mecardle comments on the breathtakingly irresponsible fiscal behavior of the President, his cabinet appointees and the Senate Leadership, along with house Republicans who are blamed for everything, but have acquiesced to a continuing "kick the can down the road" approach. She makes the followed comment:
When I was reporting on Wall Street, I used to be told with some regularity that government was needed to counteract the short-term thinking of the business sector, who never thought much beyond the next quarterly earnings report. This now seems as quaintly adorable as picture hats and daily milk deliveries. An ADHD day trader with a cocaine habit and six months to live has considerably more long-term planning skills than our current congress.
Or our current President. But that does sum it up rather nicely.