The further to the left or the right you move, the more your lens on life distorts.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Worst Possible Outcome

In my last post, I noted that through his own lack of discipline, poor focus and shallow policy knowledge, Donald Trump will lose an election that could have been easily won. With the exception of her Stepford wives supporters, most objective observers and a majority of voters understand that Hillary Clinton is dishonest, corrupt, and incompetent where it matters—accomplishing substantive things. They'll vote for Clinton as a vote against Trump. On the other hand, many voters will vote for Trump, not because they're enamored of the man, but because his core ideas are not all bad and his claims that the election process is "rigged" hold true.

Although the Dems and the media would have you think he's suggesting widespread and rampant voter fraud. But in his typically muddied language and incoherent style, what Trump really means is that the elites have rigged the election against him. Whether it's the main stream media, the entertainment industry, or the glitterati who populate the arts—Donald Trump is characterized as the devil. Even worse, there is clear, irrefutable evidence (think: Wikileaks emails and the Project Veritas videos) that the Clinton campaign plotted with the media to be sure Trump was demonized.

In my last post, I noted that many who will vote for Trump are actually voting against media bias:
[A Trump vote is] also a middle finger directed at the mainstream media, who more than any single entity, have worked hard to destroy Trump. It's only fair to note that Trump has helped them enormously with the task, but nonetheless, their bias is palpable.
I'm not the only person who feels this way. Derek Hunter, a #NeverTrump adherent, has now decided that he'll vote for Trump as a vote against media bias. He writes:
Bias has always been a factor in journalism. It’s nearly impossible to remove. Humans have their thoughts, and keeping them out of your work is difficult. But 2016 saw the remaining veneer of credibility, thin as it was, stripped away and set on fire.

More than anything, I can’t sit idly by and allow these perpetrators of fraud to celebrate and leak tears of joy like they did when they helped elect Barack Obama in 2008. I have to know I weighed in not only in writing but in the voting booth.

The media needs to be destroyed. And although voting for Trump won’t do it, it’s something. Essentially, I am voting for Trump because of the people who don’t want me to, and I believe I must register my disgust with Hillary Clinton ...

After the last debate, when no outlet “fact checked” Hillary’s lie that her opposition to the Heller decision had anything to do with children, or her lie that the State Department didn’t lose $6 billion under her leadership, I couldn’t hold out any longer.

A Trump administration at least will include people I trust in positions that matter. I don’t know if they will be able to hold him completely in check, but I know a Clinton administration will include people who have been her co-conspirators in corruption, and there won’t even be a media to hold her accountable.

The Wikileaks emails have exposed an arrogant cabal of misery profiteers who hold everyone, even their fellow travelers deemed not pure enough, in contempt. These bigots who’ve made their fortune from government service should be kept as far away from the levers of power as the car keys should be kept from anyone named Kennedy on a Friday night. My one vote against it will not be enough, but it’s all I can do and I have to do all I can do.

I won’t stop being critical of Trump when he deserves it; I won’t pretend someone is handing out flowers when they’re shoveling BS. But I’d rather have BS shoveled out of a president than our tax dollars shoveled to a president’s friends and political allies.
And there's the real difference. In a Trump presidency, as crazy as it might be, the GOP (unlike a Democratic party that has fawned over Clinton's lies and corruption) will oppose him vigorously if he suggests crazy stuff. The media will be apoplectic and will aggressively investigate even a whiff of dishonesty or corruption. The military will push back should he recommend bad stuff, and the Dems (at least those who haven't emigrated), will oppose all of his agenda.

Sadly, with Hillary's election, Obama 3.0 will begin. BS will be piled high. The media and the Dems will tell us to enjoy its sweet smell. No independent entity will provide a check for Clinton's dishonest and corrupt practices; bad decisions and policies will abound, and our country will sink further into malaise. There are no good outcomes here, but the worst possible outcome is a presidency for Hillary Clinton.